Problem:
A common error reported re 360 Link, is the case in which a user wants the fulltext of a book review, and the 360 Link fails to retrieve the item. GB reported one like this earlier in the week, rightly noted that "it is part of a larger piece of work [in this case Critical Notices] and does not have a separate entry for the starting page of this item which is indexed more finely in ASP than in Wiley or EJS."
Assigned to:
Priority: medium
Status: resolved
Troubleshooting notes:
3/11/10 To get a conclusive answer for this reoccuring problem, ej emailed SerSol (question/response follows:
Our question: A user was trying to access this article: http://tb4cz3en3e.search.serialssolutions.com/?genre=article&issn=00318205&title=Philosophy+%26+Phenomenological+Research&volume=69&issue=1&date=20040701&atitle=Uneasy+Virtue+(Book).&spage=238&pages=238-240&sid=EBSCO:Academic+Search+Premier&aulast=Crisp%2c+Roger
The Wiley-Blackwell article link brought up an error page, and the JSTOR link brought up the article. I'm thinking the W-B link didn't work because the beginning page of the article (p. 238) sent from ASP,was in the middle of the article in W-B (Critical Notices (p 227-246))and the JSTOR articles were broken down by each book review and beginning page number. Is that right? I'm also assuming there is nothing we can do about it since it's the way W-B has chosen to list its article content.
Answer from Sersol: Thanks for sending this in and including the URL to the results page. You are absolutely right - since Wiley doesn't have this article indexed separately (I couldn't even find it doing a search in the entire journal), it is inaccessible via this Open URL query. Unfortunately, you're also right about us not being able to do anything about it. I wish I had better news for you! ej
Thursday, March 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment