Monday, April 7

Antiquity (journal)

Problem: One of EM's faculty members reported to her that he couldn't get ft access to articles in this journal from off-campus. On campus, we get the access, no problem. http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2043000
Excerpt from the faculty member's email reporting the problem:
"I pulled up this article from Skyline via Ebsco EJS":
HTML AbstractAntiquity Vol 2:5, 1928 pp 18-25 - T. Zammit - Prehistoric Cart-tracks in MaltaAntiquity Journal...Vol 2:5, 1928 pp 18-25 - T. Zammit - Prehistoric Cart-tracks in Malta Antiquity Journal Site Map Terms & Conditions Home Contact ... HTML Abstract (free)Go to the abstract to access the Full Text PDF file.

I got as far as its html page, but when I clicked on the link for the .pdf version, it gave me the message saying I have to log in. But I had already done that, so I'm suspecting that we aren't getting access somehow.

Just to consider other possibilities... it also said that perhaps my IP address wasn't registered and that I need to give you the IP test info and that you need to submit it via an application form. Unfortunately, when I clicked the link, it didn't show me any form. I did get the test info though.

Your user ID is: NETWORK\antguestYour IP address is: 66.109.213.118Your browser is: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)

Assigned to: gb 4/7/08; PT 4/8/8

Resolution: This is one of those EJS journals that needs to have it's url in the wam table. PT would you add this url to the wam? antiquity.ac.uk Thanks.

Status: resolved


Troubleshooting notes: 4/17/08 GB & PT input a different variation on the WAM entry, and it worked. We now get full text access when we use the "search" box. EJ
Adding the url in the WAM did not help this problem. The problem is that the proxy wrapper doesn't carry over to the article urls when one does a Search from the search box on the Antiquity page. You can get ft of the articles when you choose them from the TofC, but not when you do a search. Choose any article from the TofC, and then search for it from the search box to see the problem. EJ 4/10/08

5 comments:

  1. More... EM sent the faculty member this direct url to the article, and he was able to open it at home.
    http://0-antiquity.ac.uk.skyline.cudenver.edu/Ant/002/0018/Ant0020018.pdf

    Now I'm wondering if it has something to do with the passage to the journal from Ebsco EJS. EJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on more clues from the professor, I found out that the proxy wrapper is included on articles when you select them from the table of contents, but not when you do a search of the Antiquity website. GB, this would be a publisher issue wouldn't it?
    For example, this article "Grinding flour in upper palaeolithic Europe" has the proxy wrapper when selected from the TofC (v. 81, #314): http://0-antiquity.ac.uk.skyline.cudenver.edu/ant/081/ant0810845.htm

    But no proxy wrapper when you do a search of "flour" from the search box:
    http://www.antiquity.ac.uk/ant/081/ant0810845.htm
    EJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAM entry for EJS Journal Completed
    04/08/08 12:30 p.m. PT

    Please include Title, Publisher, and
    URL in all EJS WAM table requests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Is there any new status on this post?
    Thanks,
    DP

    ReplyDelete