Monday, March 31

Juvenile and Family Law Digest

Problem: In the .e record for "Single Journal" the link to the online resource is broken. (http://skyline.cudenver.edu:2082/record=e1000808). Another pssword protected journal.

Assigned to:

Resolution: Resolved 4/28/08
4/29/08 DZ deleted the EJS checkin record, so everything looks great.
http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2127495
4/28/08 EJ activated this title under Single journals, and used the url below. ALSO, EJ untracked the EJS link to this title in SerSol, and removed the related holding from the ERM and the 856 link.
4/25/08 EJ: DZ, is this the link you asked EJS to put in for us, to pass through to the publisher site (in your post below)?:
http://members.ncjfcj.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=39&Itemid=52
If so, it seems like we would be in good shape with the EJS link then, as this link gets us the full text. If EJS can't put this link above in for us, then we will probably need to go the "single journal" route again, and enter this url as a custom url in Serials Solutions.
I "proxy wrapped" the url above, and it works now, so PT has put it in the WAM table.

We're close to resolving this, unless I"m I missing something obvious?

4/24/08 DP request PT to add http://members.ncjfcj.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=39&Itemid=52 to WAM table. Title is Juvenile and Family Law Digest. Publisher is National Center for Juvenile Justice.
DZ 4/23/08 Subscription has been verified and is ok. Asked EBSCO to link to title page. However, linking to membership page. Have made request several time and still no change. Want to bypass EBSCO EJS page and link directly to publisher website. Need to add link to WAM table.
DZ 3/19/08 the EJS is taking us to a publisher webpage that is asking us for a subscription. I have contacted EBSCO & they are contacting the publisher to make sure our order is ok. I have not heard from EBSCO or the publisher yet. There have been problems with this title in the past.
EJ 3/5/08 For this one, I would untrack the Single journal record, and have Davette add the username and password info into Ebsco EJS enhanced, so the password info shows to the user.

4 comments:

  1. Our full-text access is ok, this title does not need a password. The EJS page looks better as far as our holding dates are concerned, but the link takes us to a publisher page that is a couple of clicks away from the issues we have access to. I've asked EBSCO if they can link us more directly to these issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what else to do with this.

    The publisher gave EJS a url that forces the user to click on a few links and navigate in a round about way before getting to the full-text. Very frustrating, but EJS said there wasn't much else they could do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This ejs journal has been added to the WAM table. Completed 4/24/08
    4:12 p.m. PT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just added my google account so my
    comments will now say 'Patricia said'.
    4/25/08

    ReplyDelete