Problem: When using Gold Rush to find full text of a Sage journal article we get an error. Reference reports:
I ran into 2 problems with Sage journals while I was teaching this morning:
1) In Gold Rush (while I was using Academic Search Premier and Criminal Justice Abstracts), I would click the link to a Sage database under Article Abstracts, and get an error message. This happened at least 4 times.
2) In Gold Rush (while using the same 2 databases), there were supposed links to Sage databases under Article Access for articles we didn't subscribe to. For example, an article from the journal Trauma, Violence and Abuse showed a link, yet we did not subscribe to the journal for the year it was published.
Assigned to:
Priority: high
Status: resolved
Troubleshooting notes:
7/14/2009 The gr settings were reset and the problem is resolved.
7/14/2009 Recreating the problem shows the CSA databases logo appears on the error message. This seems to indicate GR linker is still trying to use the old link to CSA Sage which is no longer available to us since Sage removed it's content from CSA. GB
Tuesday, July 14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GB, you're right. I untracked the old CSA Sage Collections in Gold Rush, leaving just the access to our new Sage Premier package. I tried a couple of articles from the Trauma... journal in Criminal Justice Abstracts, and I was able to get the fulltext via the Sage platform (with the shortened date periods--1999-current in general). EJ
ReplyDelete