Tuesday, June 9

Journal of the American Dietetic Association

Problem:
When using Goldrush linker from an article in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found in Academic Search Premier the link to the publisher(Elsevier Science Direct) sends you to a splach page to pick the Elsevierdatabase you want to use instead of going directly to the article.
GR Linker results screen: http://grlinker.coalliance.org/grlinker/grl000001/grl-AUR.cgi?&url_ver=Z39.88-2004&url_ctx_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:ctx&rft_val_fmt=info:ofi/fmt:kev:mtx:journal&rft.atitle=Assessment,+Adequacy,+Acculturation&rft.auinit=L&rft.aulast=Van+Horn&rft.date=2009&rft.epage=591&rft.genre=article&rft.issn=0002-8223&rft.issue=4&rft.place=CHICAGO&rft.pub=AMER+DIETETIC+ASSOC&rft.spage=591&rft.stitle=J+AM+DIET+ASSOC&rft.title=JOURNAL+OF+THE+AMERICAN+DIETETIC+ASSOCIATION&rft.volume=109&rfr_id=info:sid/www.isinet.com:WoK:WOS&rft_id=info:doi/10.1016%2Fj.jada.2009.02.025
Assigned to: ej
Priority: medium
Status: in progress

Troubleshooting notes:
7/13/09 Heard back from Elsevier. Here's a link to info on how to minimize the occurence of receiving the intermediate splash page. http://www.info.sciencedirect.com/implementation/linking/articlelocator/ GB, can you take a look. It revolves around "cookie pushers" which I don't know much about. Thanks EJ
6/9/09 I know what you're talking about. I looked into this unsuccessfully about two years ago, but I emailed our Elsevier rep to ask again if there is anything we can do to stop that intermediate page from showing up, and have the link go directly to the article. In my past experience, it seems to be medical titles that do this. ej

1 comment:

  1. GB--Can you take a look at what Elsevier says to do to minimize the number of times we get the intermediate page? EJ

    ReplyDelete