Friday, April 17

CSA databases

Problem: Reference reports that the GR Linker/ILL/Catalog links for each article in the CSA databases do not show.

Assigned to: ej, gb
Priority: high
Status: in progress

Troubleshooting notes:
4/20/09 Response from vendor: "I just wanted to follow up with you to let you know one of our servers was having issues on Friday that created your missing links issue. That issue was resolved Friday evening and should no longer be an issue today. Please test accessing CSA and let me know if the issue has been resolved." ej
4/19/09 The links are back. EJ
4/17/09 Called support again, and a different support guy at CSA is digging into this. Sent him a screenshot of a page with search results, so he can see what we're seeing. ej
4/17/09 checked in the CSA admin module and everything is in order. Talked to CSA tech support and they accessed our acct and all the links show up for them. Any ideas, gb? ej

3 comments:

  1. Called support again, and a different support guy at CSA is digging into this. Sent him a screenshot of a page with search results, so he can see what we're seeing. He's said he'd get back to me. I'll try to keep working on this at home--need to leave now. ej

    ReplyDelete
  2. The links are back, but I received no communication from the vendor as to what the problem was. I'll email the guy to whom I spoke, and see if he can tell me. ej

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did respond back this morning. Server problem on Friday. ej

    ReplyDelete