Tuesday, June 3

Journal of molecular biology

Problem: EJ 6/308. IF-V reported that there is no access link to Journal of Molecular Biology on bib record http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2052421. This is a very important core journal in biology.

Assigned to:
Priority:
Status: resolved
Summary of solution: EJ 6/3/08 to be determined. Has to do with our ScienceDirect customized Freedom Collection journal list.
Troubleshooting notes:
8/18/08 Title appears in SSJ report. DP
8/4/08 EJ changed the name in our customized ScienceDirect Journals list in SerSol to Journal of Molecular Biology on 7/16/08 (after the July coverage load cutoff date of July 5), so it doesn't show up on the July coverage load. Since the title is now the same as the "official" SerSol title, it hooks up with the correct SSJ#, and should show up on the August coverage load. EJ
7/28/08 Not fixed with July coverage load. EJ Working on a fix with Ser Sol on customized ScienceDirect package. DP
7/16/08 In SerSol, changed name in our SD FC from JMB to Journal of Molecular Biology. When I did this, the correct SSJ automatically hooked up to the journal (ssj0005348). EJ
DP--if we change the name and add this ssj # to the July coverage load, will this work? Our existing .b record has the same ssj #. http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2052421 EJ
6/27/08 Temporary fix. Unsuppressed 856 link to DB.

2 comments:

  1. EJ, I think your solution will work. DP

    ReplyDelete
  2. DP--I am pretty sure this title variant problem we discovered with JMB/Journal of Molecular Biology is also the reason so many SD titles were on the deletion candidate list in May. I checked several titles from that list in SerSol (in our library specific holdings for SD--list from the Alliance), and none of them had an ssj number on the record, because the titles are not the same as the title in the "official" SD list. Two examples are: Personality and individual differences (in SD SerSol), vs. Personality & individual difference (in our SD customized list), and Organizational behavior and human decision processes (In SD sersol), vs. Organizational behavior & human decision processes (in our customized SD list). No doubt if we did the same process with these hundreds of variants in our customized list that we just did for Journal of Molecular Biology, we would get our Skyline links back. However, I think in the long run, just taking the time to activate our titles in the "official" SD list in SerSol probably is the way to go. I have an idea of a process to do this that I would like to run by you. Perhaps SC or MS could help with this? EJ

    ReplyDelete