Thursday, May 8

Wall Street Journal

Problem: 5/8/8 We have access to the full text of the WSJ Eastern Ed. from Proquest and Factiva but only Factiva's shows up in the SerSol record <http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2146085>. And only Proquest's shows up in the Skyline record for it <http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b1882925>. Also the link in here <http://0-www.umi.com.skyline.cudenver.edu/pqdauto> doesn't go directly to the WSJ. That link should be <http://0-proquest.umi.com.skyline.cudenver.edu/login?COPT=REJTPTYzMSZJTlQ9MCZWRVI9Mg==&clientId=10280>.

Assigned to:
Priority:
Status: resolved

Summary of solution (partial):
5/20/08 Created custom coverage load. Have ssj record of WSJ linked to e record.
5/9/08 EJ activated Wall Street Journal Eastern Edition in SerSol under a database called ProQuest Selectable Full Text Newspapers. Will work with DP on getting a link to it on the bib record http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2146085.

Troubleshooting notes:
5/9/08 EJ ended up tracking the Journal in a different database than the one I originally thought would work, which wasProQuest Newsstand Complete, because after I "subscribed" to the database, there was a message that I needed to contact Serials Solutions if we subscribed to only "some" of the titles, which would be the case. So I untracked it.

I found another database that seemed like it would work much better, and which would attach to the same SSJ record that we are already using -- ssj0011753. It's called ProQuest Selectable Full Text Newspapers, and I was able to just track Wall Street Journal Eastern Ed.

I believe that SerSol put this database together so libraries like us who don't have the "complete Newsstand", could select just one or several newspapers. I customized the url so it is the same as the one on the ADI page.
5/8/8 VG fixed the Proquest record, b1882925, to go directly to the resource in ProQuest by substituting the above link.
5/8/8 We should add Proquest to the SerSol list of sources by 6/5/8. However since the 5th has passed. The SerSol record will be wrong until the next snapshot on 6/5/8.

No comments:

Post a Comment