Thursday, April 3

Geotechnical Testing

Problem: 3/20/08 DZ When I go to the publisher's website for Geotechnical Testing Journal Iam able to download full text articles. However, the green check marklinks under Available on EJS do not take me to the full text article.Clicking on those links gives me an HTTP404 File Not Found message,except for 1998 articles. Reported problem to EBSCO EJS.
4/2/08 EBSCO EJS reported problem resolved. However, there is still an error message. No full text access to articles available.

Assigned to: DP 5/27/08

Resolution: In-progress

Troubleshooting notes:
5/27/08 DP checked and still no access.
5/2/08 EJ checked and still no access via the "green check-marked" links.
In order to get FT access at the publisher's site, EJ activated this title in Serials Solutions under ASTM journals. ASTM journals is set up as an .e resource already, with one other journal tracked. .e10007556.

Perhaps we've invested enough time with Ebsco EJS on this title, and we should untrack this journal from our Ebsco EJS database in SerSol. If no objections, I'll untrack it. The only concern I have is on an ongoing basis, how do we make sure we don't activate this title again in EJS when we do some kind of automatic update of our EJS holdings in SerSol, if indeed we do that. This is always an issue when one makes an exception, but the alternative is to have inaccurate access. There must be a workflow solution to "making exceptions".

2 comments:

  1. I received an email from Ebsco saying the problem had been fixed, but after Elaine, Denise, & I tested it again it still didn't work. I told Ebsco that we were still having the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The following was sent to Ebsco on 4/28/08:

    "There are a number of problems that continue to exist with our online access to this title.

    1) When I go to the publisher site our online access is fine. However, when I try to access articles through the EJS links, we have no online access. For example, we I go to the publisher site for v.30:6 (Nov.2007) our access is fine. When I click on any of those issues through our EJS links, our access does not work.

    2) At the publisher's site, v.30:6 (Nov. 2007) lists 10 articles that are available. On EJS, that same issue lists only 4 articles available.

    ReplyDelete