Thursday, April 3

Financial Times

Problem: 4/3/08 DP - Financial Times Online http://skyline.cudenver.edu/record=b2048397 has two links for Lexis Nexis Academic. Why?

Assigned to: DP and EJ 4/3/08

Resolution: Resolved 5/2/08 (see comments below)
1. The reason there are two links, is that LN has both a "current" archive (2006-date), and an "archive" (1982-date). They list these as two separate entries in the journal list that Serials Solutions gets from them.

In regard to the double links, I have an email from Serials Solutions explaining about them. I'll send that separately. I could go over this with DP, MS, and DZ at some point.

I figured out the problem with the double urls, and fixed the links and the dates in SerSol. It involved both the double url problem and a change in the urls at SerSol since the last load. I need to check the E-journal portal tomorrow to make sure that my changes are good (5/2/08 fixed).

2. In troubleshooting this, I discovered another problem. The links in Skyline don't work. Clicking on either of the double urls on the bib record for LN is resulting in an error message: "You are not entitled to one or more sources specified. Select another option from the source dropdown list."
The links on the Skyline record won't work until the next load, unless we change them manually. We could ask VG, if you think it's an important enough resource. DP? (5/2/08--links now work EJ)

No comments:

Post a Comment